Muzyka, którą polecacie. Wykonawcy, których warto poznać.
Odpowiedz

Saint Etienne - nowa płyta/singiel

24-01-2012, 23:43

Zespół Saint Etienne, znany też w pewnych środowiskach jako alternatywna wersja PSB z żeńskim wokalem ;), przygotował na rok 2012 nowy, pierwszy od ponad siedmiu lat studyjny krążek. Szczegóły wydawnictwa nie są jeszcze znane, jednak dzisiaj poznaliśmy pierwszy singiel z albumu. Kompozycję ''Tonight'' można odsłuchać na soundcloudzie zespołu lub pobrać z ich oficjalnej strony.

A to notka odnośnie ''Tonight'' i planów wydawniczych zespołów na pitchfork.com

British dance-pop pioneers Saint Etienne have reissued a number of their records in recent years, but 2012 will see the group's first album of new material since 2005's Tales From Turnpike House. Their first new single, "Tonight," will be out March 5. Download it here, and follow the band's Facebook page for updates. It was produced by Tim Powell (Kylie Minogue, Sugababes, Pet Shop Boys), and mixed by Richard X (M.I.A., Kelis, Annie.)

St. Etienne's Bob Stanley (who has contributed to Pitchfork) says the track is "about the anticipation of going to see your favourite artist. For some reason, I imagine this show is at the Forum in Kentish Town. The whole album is about the power of pop, how it affects and shapes your life. People talk about the problem of landfill indie, but there's so much landfill pop around at the moment - we're trying to do something about it."

http://soundcloud.com/saint-etienne - odsłuch.

Zdanie o albumie dedykowanym potędze popu bardzo mi się podoba :D Piosenka świetna. Czuć, że stoją za nią ludzie, którzy opiekowali się w przeszłości Pet Shop Boys.
Odpowiedz